Think Pink Bingo spreads breast cancer awareness

Students participate at Think Pink Bingo. (Olivia Wild, Staff Photographer)

By Olivia Wild, Staff Writer

On the night of Oct. 24, at 9:30 p.m. in the Main Stage, the St. John Fisher College club, Colleges Against Cancer, hosted their annual Think Pink Bingo event to spread awareness of breast cancer awareness month and their club’s purpose.

Many students filled the Main Stage for the duration of the hour and a half event. Cookies, chips, soda and other refreshments were offered while prizes were given out for the winners of numerous rounds of bingo.

Jenna Hathaway, secretary of Colleges Against Cancer, said “we wanted to have something for a great cause and we are doing it for cancer awareness week as well, it is our kick off, and it is a great way to get people together.”

Students had the opportunity to buy extra boards for $1 and an extra free space for 50 cents. Pura Vida bracelets were being sold for $5, in which the proceeds went to two charities, Relay for Life and the Teddi Dance for Love.

Jamie Putnam, a freshman, said “I went to the event because my friends were going and I love bingo. I also wanted to buy a Pura Vida bracelet to support Teddi. I will definitely come again next year.”

Be the first to comment