I am obsessed with the new Chick-fil-A, and here’s why

By Mikaela Huber, Lifestyles Editor 

The new Chick-fil-A that opened on April 12 in Greece has created quite a stir, and almost everyone is talking about the new fast food restaurant. Yesterday I went to the new location and saw what it truly was about.

I waited in the drive through line for about two hours before getting my food. The large line blocked a lane on Ridge Road and a few people almost got in car accidents. In order to control the large number of people, police were positioned at the entrances and exits of the restaurant. Needless to say, the traffic situation was bad.

The large crowd might be credited to the fact that the next closest Chick-fil-A is in Cicero, 96 miles away. That location opened in February. Prior to that, the next closest location was at Lock Haven University, which is in Pennsylvania, almost 150 miles away.

While I can talk about the experience of the event for a couple more pages, I assume you would rather not want to read a book about the crowd at Chick-fil-A. So I’ll get to the reason why you all are still reading this article: the food.

I kept my order basic and got chicken strips and waffle fries ($7.25 for the meal, which included a beverage). They were both cooked perfectly, and the order was completely correct. I have been to different Chick-fil-As in the south and their service and food was unmatched. So I was nervous that the Greece location might not match up to my expectations, but it did.

There was only one real problem. I ordered a Sprite and it lacked flavor completely. But that disappointment was quickly overlooked by the spectacular flavor of  the chicken, which I most definitely dipped in barbecue sauce.

Despite the concerns, I was not dissatisfied at all. It was an experience similar to Black Friday because we find ourselves in long lines, at odd hours, in stores filled with random people year after year. We crave a universal experience or a bonding point that can connect people in an odd way. The long line and experience of Chick-fil-A was a mutual bonding moment, for the people who sat in my car with me, and for all the cars around me.

Be the first to comment