Skip to content
Learning Community Learning Objectives
- Written, Oral, and Visual Communication: Fisher students will be able to communicate effectively and persuasively with and to diverse audiences.
- Integrative and Applied Learning: Fisher students will be able to synthesize knowledge gained from curricula and co-curricular experiences and transfer learning to new, complex situations within and beyond the classroom.
- Collaboration and Leadership: Fisher students will be able to collaborate with others in a constructive manner and will demonstrate initiative and effectiveness in these interactions.
- Citizenship & Civic Engagement: Fisher students will be prepared to be active participants in a democracy by applying classroom knowledge to community collaborations.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Fisher students will demonstrate an understanding of the sociocultural, historical, and political underpinnings of inequity and injustice
COMM 205 Learning Objectives
- Become knowledgable about issues related to climate change. Be able to engage in serious and meaningful discussions about the subject.
- Be able to analyze the arguments (or lack) in media coverage/depictions of climate change.
- Develop media literacy skills in films, journalism, graphic novels, books, and social media.
- Create visually and factually meaningful content related to climate change