Skip to content
- Understand the principles of creating an effective web page, including an in-depth consideration of information architecture.
- Become familiar with graphic design principles that relate to web design and learn how to implement these theories into practice.
- Develop skills in analyzing the usability of a web site.
- Understand how to plan and conduct user research related to web usability.
- Learn the language of the web: HTML and CSS.
- Learn techniques of responsive web design, including media queries.
- Learn CSS grid layout and flexbox.
- Develop skills in digital imaging (Adobe Photoshop.)
- Be able to embed social media content into web pages.
(for Media and Communication, Media Management, Digital Cultures and Technologies)
- Students will develop an understanding of the formalistic (aesthetic) aspects of design and visual communication. [MM/MAC only]
- Students will demonstrate cross-platform (web, mobile, broadcast, print) storytelling skills. [MM/MAC only]
- Students will demonstrate a consideration of audience and/or users in their production work. [MM/MAC only]
- Students will become familiar with graphic design and/or game theory and be able to apply this theory to real world projects. [DCT]
- Students will implement techniques of information design to interactive media projects, with consideration of a particular purpose and audience. The design decisions should be informed by these factors. [DCT]