This semester we (senior Eric Green and junior Allie Osterhoudt) are co-chairing the TEDxSJFC planning team. All Honors students are welcome to join the team, to chair a subcommittee, and/or to help out on the day of the event. Our first planning meeting will be on Tuesday, September 24th, Free period in Basil 118. Everyone is welcome, however much or little you’re able to offer. If you’re interested but unable to make that meeting, or if you have any questions, contact Eric or Allie.
There are many things to get done in preparation for the event, but they say many hands make light work, so any help is appreciated! Your non-Honors friends are also welcome to participate. The event itself will take place on Friday January 24 from 5-9pm.
We welcome people with any of these interests or skills: Social media, Theater, Design, Organization, Technology, PR, Food, Sponsorships, Community Outreach…
People who are chairing committees can do so for Honors credit, but need to contact Dr. Bissonette about it ASAP.
School and Divisional Advisory:
- Nursing: Dr. Lori Dambaugh
- Education: Dr. Lucia Guarino
- Pharmacy: Dr. David McCaffrey
- Natural Sciences and Math: Dr. Jonelle Mattiacio and Dr. Ryan Gantner
- Social Sciences: Dr. Lauren Kocman
- Humanities: Dr. Rob Ruehl
- Business: to come
- Dr. Kristin Picardo, Center for Student Research & Creative Work
- Dr. Tom Kim, Core Director and Associate Dean, A&S
- Dr. Kimberly Chichester, Director of Science Scholars
- Dr. Michelle Erklenz-Watts, Director of Academic Student Support
- Terri Travaglini, Assistant Dean of Students
- Kourtney Blackburn, Alumna, Access Services Librarian
- Stacy Lederman. Director of Freshman Admissions
Friday September 20, 3:30-7 at YMCA Camp Arrowhead
Archery, bounce pillow, high ropes course, climbing tower, swimming, a ton of food, a bonfire, and PRIZES!
Help us welcome our record-breaking Freshman Honors class, as well as our new additions both transfer and not transfer. You’ve got lots of experience to share — some of these folks are commuters, or athletes, or Humanities majors, or vegetarians, and Fisher Honors will seem much more homey to them if YOU come and meet them!
We’ll have a shuttle bus between the Y and Haffey stairs every half hour. The first ride to the Y will pick up at 3:15. Anyone who’s driving and has extra seats should swing by between shuttles, just to see if anyone’s waiting. Everyone is welcome for as much or as little as they can.
You do NOT need to RSVP.