We are Thankful . . .

Thanksgiving is upon us and it’s time to think about what makes us thankful. It’s hard sometimes to think about what we are thankful for, especially when life is moving so quickly we don’t have time to reflect on the good parts. So in this post I want to list a few things for which we at Lavery Library are thankful.

thankful

• #FisherFamily members that hold the door when they see you a few steps behind.
  • Our beautiful campus and the people that work so hard to make it a home away from home.
  • I’m grateful for having a position that allows me to contribute to a population about which I care deeply.
  • I am thankful for my #FisherFamily, who will ask me how I’m doing and mean it, and then listen to me on my best day and my worst day.
  • I am grateful for an extended family who accepts me, and my beliefs, irrespective of their own.
  • I’m thankful for the kindness of the Fisher community and hope for the future represented on campus.
  • I am thankful for all of you!  We have a very special team and I am very grateful to be a part of it.
  • I am especially thankful for Britta who feeds us:)
  • I’m thankful for the wonderful picture books in our Curriculum Library that I can share with my new grandson when he comes to visit!
  • I am thankful for the energy and creativity of young people addressing the gravest problems with courage and hope.
  • I am grateful for this beautiful campus I walk through every day and for the team that I have the opportunity to work with once I am at my desk!
  • I’m thankful to have a wonderful place to come to every morning for the last 25 years:  Lavery Library — where I feel secure, valued, and useful – and part of a larger family.
  • I am thankful that Anne Bezon stuck by me on my quest for the perfect office desk and chair.
  • I am thankful that my Mother takes wonderful care of my babies so I can concentrate when I am spending time with my Fisher Family.
  • I am thankful that the Cyber Café folks know my order before I even ask.
  • I am thankful that my family supports me in my quest to learn Chinese.  Xiexie.
  • I am thankful for Ward-Haffey Pan Asia. If only I could convince my family to have scallop tikka masala for Thanksgiving!
  • I am thankful for my student workers who teach me new things all the time.  Some work-related, some life-lessons, always entertaining!
  • I am thankful for the continued good health of my parents and family.

So to you, our Fisher Family, we ask: What are you thankful for this year?

heart-shape-1714807_1280

Lavery Library Staff

Author: Christina Hillman

STAFF generated by Banner @ 06/17/2013 06:03:03 PM