The Executive Internship at St. John Fisher College

By Jack Laino ’21

So as I wrap up with the first part of working as the Executive Intern for the Office of Institutional Advancement at St. John Fisher College, this has been an amazing experience. This internship is a year long program, but the main focus for the past few months has been working on Fisher Giving Day. Fisher Giving Day is also one of PRIMAs clients for this semester, which I am a part of. So, in collaboration with PRIMA and my internship we began creating content.

On the internship side, I was tasked with drafting emails highlighting the challengers for this year’s day of giving. These challenges are designed to help increase donation from alumni, staff and faculty. On the PRIMA side, my team and I reached out to various old and new alumni for quotes about what Fisher means to them We then turned those info social media posts. In thinking of ideas, we decided to do a photoshoot on campus. We masked up and socially distanced ourselves and took some very nice shots of us around campus to use for social media content for Fisher Giving Day. We also recorded short thank you videos. Lastly, we linked up with Josh Ramos of Wolf Cry Productions again in order to make a longer 2 minute video to promote donating to Fisher. This project has taught me how to organize a photo shoot by reaching out to the necessary people as well as execute social media content for a client. Up next will be working the actual day of giving, which is December 1st, 2020. 

Overall, this internship is not done just yet, but as we wrap up the first semester I have learned and gained so much knowledge and experience in working this position. Networking with those in the office and completing tasks by working with others and bringing together two current opportunities I am involved in has really been a fantastic experience. The Executive Internship Program at Fisher has a bunch of offices with interns and for anyone interested in working with Fisher or has thoughts of the more business side of a college, I highly recommend looking into the program. I have nothing negative to say about the program and my supervisors have had nothing but the kindest words to say to me.

About Jeremy Sarachan 5 Articles
Faculty, Part-Time

Be the first to comment