Climate Solutions Accelerator

By Evan Clark ’21

My time interning with Climate Solutions Accelerator of the Genesee-Finger Lakes Region was an excellent learning experience. I was brought on board when the organization was going through a massive change. They were amidst a rebranding and wanted a fresh take on social media for both them and their members.

Just as a refresher, Climate Solutions Accelerator is a non-profit organization that advocates for large scale climate change solutions. The organization is comprised of businesses and organizations that act as stakeholders and advocates for the cause. 

Throughout the semester, my job was to stay up to date on what was happening on a local level regarding climate change—clean-ups, food drives, weekly meetups, webinars, etc. From there, I worked alongside my supervisor, Evan Lowenstein, to come up with a “Member Feature” plan for social media posts in which we highlight their efforts. I was in charge of designing the templates for each post. I thoroughly enjoyed getting the chance to be creative and design posts for these companies/organizations based on what they needed. Some of these members have little to no social media presence – so it proved challenging at times

Midway through the semester, my supervisor and I developed a great rhythm. Because he was so immersed in the Climate Solutions Accelerator’s members, he had a better sense of know-how for what members had going on. Every week, he would give me a list of events and tasks. From there, I spent time researching each event or organization to figure out the best design to represent them. Evan and I would hold weekly Zoom meetings to discuss what was going on and feedback on posts I’ve created. He did a great job at including me in what was going on and asked my opinion on several occasions. 

Climate change is an immense concern of mine. It was an enriching experience to be a part of an organization that I can identify with. I was taken aback by how many people, businesses, and organizations were equally concerned and willing to be a part of positive change. I would highly recommend interning for Climate Solutions Accelerator of the Genesee-Finger Lakes Region.

Be the first to comment