Interning at DeBergerac Productions, Inc.

From my very first day interning at DeBergerac Productions, my supervisor, Mike Champlin, always said that he wanted to help make this one of the best internship experiences. As my internship now comes to end, I can definitely say that it was. Interning at DeBergerac was an incredible experience and I learned so much throughout my three months there as a video production intern.

DeBergerac Productions is a video production, post-production and film restoration company that preserves, restores and creates quality content for its clients. Throughout my internship, I had the opportunity to work on an array of projects. This allowed me to gain a wide variety of valuable, real-world experience and learn about many aspects of video production including pre-production, production, post-production, preservation and restoration.

One of my favorite parts of my internship was the opportunity to participate in video shoots for several exciting and meaningful projects, including a gala video for House of Mercy and a documentary for The Organ Historical Society. After video shoots, I also had the opportunity to gain post-production experience, editing and working in both Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro. In addition, I was also able to learn about film restoration and preservation, and digitize and log audiocassette tapes for a client.

The team at DeBergerac Productions, Mike Champlin and Kate Kressman-Kehoe, is incredible and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to work alongside them. They were amazing mentors, and I am so appreciative of the trust they had in me as well as their willingness to answer any questions I had and share their feedback, insights and knowledge with me. I learned so much from them, not just about technical video production, but also about client relations, professionalism, the film and television industry and much more. From the first time I set foot in the door, I felt welcomed and valued. Even though I was an intern, I was able to exercise autonomy and independence. I always felt that my opinions and ideas were respected, and I was allowed a great deal of choice and freedom in the projects I worked on throughout my internship.

Overall, my internship at DeBergerac Productions was a very rewarding and positive experience. I am honored and grateful to have been able to intern at DeBergerac and work alongside such a talented team on such incredible projects. I will forever cherish my time at DeBergerac Productions!

Be the first to comment