Internship at TopShelf Prints

My Experience at TopShelf Prints

Jack Kelleher ‘22

My time with TopShelf Prints has been a great experience.  I have learned a variety of information along with everyday operations.  My whole goal of completing this internship was to gain as much real-world experience as possible.  My involvement and trust throughout my whole time this semester has been like no other.  I was fortunate to have been involved with some high-end customers and be a part of the decision-making process in order to capture important deals.

TopShelf Prints is an image technology company that transfers ordinary photographs into creative custom art made for homes, offices, and more.  This is done through our digital technology processes, creating a “paint splash” and “vector splash” effect and displayed on premium poster and canvas print of different sizes.  TopShelf Prints prides itself on genuine partnerships, best-in-class customer service, and constant innovation as we strive to showcase custom photography in a new, creative, and artistic way.

Throughout the whole semester, we were trying to get companies to partner with TopShelf.  The job is getting done and the integration is beginning in May!  Being part of all stages in this process has been special from the outreach stage to the on boarding and signing agreements stage.  Seeing how everyday operations begin and sometimes how long it can take to get a deal done is incredible.  It can either take a couple weeks to 6 months.  This was important to me because in a short couple of weeks, I will be graduated and moving on to the next stage of my life.  A lot of my experience is what I will be enduring every day in the work force.

A lot of my tasks this semester, I had a lot of weight behind me.  One case that comes to mind was reaching out to an agency that represents professional athletes.  I set up a call and then followed-up to set up a meeting that discussed points and agreements that were involved on the deal.  I individually put together a PowerPoint presentation and pitched the whole partnership to this company.  Another great benefit of my experience was being able to talk and be on the same call with a Vice President of Sales and Partnerships.  The fact that I was able to talk about TopShelf to this individual simply does not compare to anything else in my college experience.  I felt comfortable talking to this individual because of the confidence I have gained throughout the semester working with TopShelf.  I think this is an important skill that students should develop and master, it shouldn’t matter who you talk to, if you have a job to do, you must deliver.  I was proud of myself for performing at this level. Knowing that I have this experience under my belt helped my confidence in any situation that comes my way.

I was extremely lucky to have interned with TopShelf Prints, they gave me an experience that I won’t forget.  I have learned so much in a short amount of time and I am confident in saying that I have gained knowledge that I wouldn’t have in any class.  I would highly suggest students to complete an internship with a company and industry that interests them.  It broadens your spectrum and opens your eyes to different aspects that you didn’t think of prior.  These skills and experiences all can be taken with you after graduation and into the professional world!  — Jack Kelleher

About Jack Kelleher 1 Article
Student generated by Banner @ 12/17/2017 12:00:03 PM

Be the first to comment